Each project is as unique as each owner. Our task is to get to know each client and what excites them about their project. Then, our goal is to deliver as much value as possible for each project within the available budget. Designing to a budget is something we at KNH take very seriously and understand very well as we are also developers and building owners.
KNH has extensive experience in designing different types of buildings, in different areas with a unique site, logistical, historical, or environmental challenges, and opportunities. As a full-service firm, we can provide the missing pieces each owner needs in the design process to bring each project to life.
We are strong advocates of common sense design based on proven technologies and building designs that are straightforward to build. We also strive to consider the life cycle costing of our designs while at the same time paying close attention to the initial capital costs.
Energy costs will continue to escalate. Designing energy-efficient buildings that meet, and often exceed the model energy code for buildings in Canada is something we strive to do on each project. Computer modeling which helps select the various building assemblies, components as well as the appropriate heating and ventilation systems for the project, enhances this.
Benefit of Service
As a full-service prime consulting firm, we work closely with you through each phase of your project design and identify design solutions that deliver functionality and the best overall value to your project.
- We design all of our client’s buildings as if they were our own as we are also building owners and developers.
- Structural and foundation systems are optimized to reduce construction cost while at the same time ensuring the long term structural integrity of each building is protected.
- As a full-service integrated design firm, we provide a one-stop shop for all your design needs.
- We work collaboratively with each client right from the start of each project to occupancy and the warranty period.
- We design to a budget number and often work closely with contractors, suppliers and trades during the design process to help refine the costs as the drawings are developed.