A structural building audit is an analysis of the overall health and safety of a building. Generally, an initial non-intrusive assessment is performed on all existing building systems and the structural integrity of the building as a whole. Based on these findings, an additional intrusive site assessment might be suggested to review important areas of concern that were not visible originally.
KNH Sawatzky & Associates are then able to follow-up our assessments with suggested remedial measures including construction documents, specifications and field reviews to help ensure compliance.
Whether you are selling a property and want to proactively fix existing issues with your building to receive the most out of your investment, or you want to purchase a home or building with all the necessary information to make good buying decisions, KNH can help by providing a sound and impartial structural assessment.
KNH is also experienced in post-disaster assessments of fires, collapses, failures or accidents - and is capable to assist thorough litigation and expert testimony if this is required. As a full service prime consulting firm, KNH can also augment our structural reviews with any other discipline as needed to provide a one-stop comprehensive service.
Benefits of Building Audits
- A professional building audit is often the right first step prior to purchasing a building as it protects you as a buyer.
- KNH provides a thorough and diligent building audits review service. Our firm has a wealth of experience and common sense you can trust.
- As an integrated design team, we consider each aspect of the building, not just the structural condition if needed.
- Our team assesses buildings as if we were the Owner or potential buyer since we are also building owners and developers.
- Our practical approach means you will receive structural repair plans that are both feasible and realistic so you get the most out of your budget.